This year our Autumn Exhibition will be at the Leas Cliff Hall from 23 – 30 October. Below is information for artists on how to exhibit.
Information for exhibitors
- Anyone can join Folkestone Art Society and exhibit at our shows. We do not ‘jury’ entries so any member can put forward works for inclusion and they will be included. However, exhibitors must be a current member of the Society to exhibit. So if you wish to exhibit but are currently not a member please purchase a membership on our Join page first.
- Members wishing to exhibit their work can purchase an exhibiting ticket up to and including 23 October 2023 after which new tickets will be not be possible to buy for practical organisational reasons.
- Hanging space for up to 5 framed &/or display space for 3D items is offered to all artists
- a ticket for the required number of exhibits (1-5) can be purchased below (NB please chose only one)
- You will be sent an exhibition entry form soon after your purchase which you then need to complete and return to Laura our Events assistant ASAP (NB your booking will not be confirmed until the completed form is received)
- A spare exhibit can be brought to replace any sold item. This should be suitably wrapped and labelled
- All works should have a sticky label on the back with the name of the artist, title of work, price and medium (3D works should have a label suitably attached)
- Artists can also bring 5 browsers(wrapped & labeled: artist, title of work, price and medium) and 20 cards(wrapped & labeled with artists name & price) at no extra cost, provided an exhibiting ticket is purchased
- Commission will be 25% on all sales
- Artists are to bring their work on Monday 23 October between 10 and 12am for hanging
- The exhibition will be open 10am – 4pm each day, running from 24th to 29th October inclusive
- Artists can collect unsold work on 30 October between 10 and 12am
- There will be an open preview for artists, guests and members on 24 October, between 5pm and 8pm
- We will be running a stewarding rota throughout the exhibition which you will be invited to sign up for when you bring drop off work on Monday 23rd.
- We will need volunteers to both mount and or dismantle the exhibition please indicate on the exhibition entry form if you can help.
- If you have any problems with purchasing a ticket please contact us via the contact page